YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING: INTEGRATING YIN, YANG & AWARENESS PRACTICES
WITH SARAH OWEN
Dive into the subtle realm of Yin Yoga during this Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Owen. This training will emphasise an integrated approach – how to weave mindful yin and yang asana practices skilfully with other limbs of yoga as a holistic approach to practice. We will explore various introspective ‘inner methods’, including pranayama and meditation for relaxation and to bring vitality to the subtle body. Using simple practices, we can bring the teachings of yoga to life through cultivation, or ‘bhavana’. Bhavana means ‘to bring into being’. Taking the practice beyond just the physical, we will explore ways to gather, store and distribute prana using gentle yin and yang methods such as Hara breathing and walking meditation, as well as inner methods to apply during yin and yang style yoga practice.
There are numerous mindfulness meditation techniques and awareness practices that can be applied as an ‘inner method’ during yin or yang style yoga practice, as well as during seated meditation or walking practice; this training will offer clear instructions about how to practice these methods safely and effectively. The capacity to maintain peaceful concentration and compassionate presence with ‘effortless awareness’ is a subtle and refined skill that can only be developed through dedicated and continued practice. We will explore several approaches to meditation, including concentration methods and investigation methods with a mood of loving kindness and compassionate self-inquiry.
- Yin Yoga historical overview, the purpose and benefits of practicing with a yin approach.
- Sequencing inspired by the Seasons: Spring/Wood Element, Summer/Fire Element, Late Summer/Earth Element, Autumn/Metal Element, Winter/Water Element.
- Bringing the teachings to life through dedicated cultivation of practice (bhavana means ‘to bring into being’ or ‘to cultivate’).
- Two sides of one coin – how yin and yang style practices compliment and balance each other.
- Using yin yoga to promote freedom of movement at the joints, whilst using yang practice to strengthen and stabilise the joints – highlighting ‘yin’ and ‘yang’ tissues in the body, and how these tissues are nourished differently.
- Using yin and yang methods in the same practice with a mindful approach to movement and stillness, and with a mood of investigation and compassionate self-inquiry.
- Seamless integration of yin yoga and meditation practices into hatha-vinyasa class sequences, workshop plans and home practices.
- The 4 Foundations of Mindfulness – including applications for on and off the yoga mat, as well as overcoming common challenges to practicing meditation.
- Yin and Yang ‘inner methods’ to apply during practice, including methods to gather, store and distribute prana.
- Refining meditative quiescence – calm abidance – within the Yin Yoga practice.
- Carving out a dedicated practice for lifelong health and longevity.
*This training module (Yin Yoga Teacher Training: Integrating Yin, Yang & Awareness Practices) is open to certified yoga teachers as well as dedicated yoga practitioners. You will receive a certificate for 50 hours, recognised by Yoga Alliance International (YA). This module (module 2) has no prerequisites and can be completed as a separate module. It does not require previous completion of Yin Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training (module 1) with Sarah Owen. Each module offered by Sarah can be completed separately and in any order.
DATES & TIMES
Saturday 12th June – Wednesday 16th June 2021 (five consecutive days)
10am – 5.30pm each day (except the final day – training hours are 10am – 3pm)
$1290 Early Bird (paid in full before 23rd April 2021)
$1390 Standard Price (from 24th April 2021)
RECOMMENDED READING FOR THIS COURSE
Before the start of the course, please make sure that you have read the following books:
- “Insight Yoga” by Sarah Powers
- “Your Body, Your Yoga” by Bernie Clark
- “The Way of Liberation” by Adyashanti (available as a free PDF – https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/The-Way-of-Liberation-by-Adyashanti.pdf)
At the commencement of the course you will be given a comprehensive course manual (100+ pages) with additional material and readings to study as part of the course content.
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSES WITH SARAH OWEN
“What I love about Sarah is that she makes yoga accessible to the everyday person in their everyday lives. You walk away from her teachings being ok with where you have come from and where you are right now. At the same time, she leaves you with a sense of curiosity – to lean in towards yourself, to discover your internal compass to help you navigate towards your greater purpose while still being true to your authentic self” – Amanda
“Sarah really teaches from the heart, with her honesty and experiences she shared with our group. Her extensive knowledge and passion for yin yoga was inspiring and I felt like I connected with myself on a deeper level. I am grateful to Sarah for bringing back the passion and dedication to my own meditation practice. I know her teachings will stay with me for the rest of my life” – Natasha
“I am so glad I took part in this course – Sarah has delivered a real richness and potency of teachings that I will be drawing from for a long time to come. Sarah is an amazing, calm, kind and knowledgeable teacher and the course was such a pleasure to attend. She is truly embodying the principles she teaches” – B. L
ABOUT SARAH OWEN
Among the leading Yin Yoga teachers in Australia, Sarah Owen was one of the first teachers to introduce Yin Yoga to the Australian audience more than thirteen years ago. She is the only Insight Yoga teacher in Australia, endorsed by Sarah Powers’ Insight Yoga Institute (USA). She has been mentored by Sarah Powers (world-renowned Yin Yoga teacher and founder/author of Insight Yoga) for over twelve years and is the coordinator for Sarah Powers’ Insight Yoga Institute programs in Australia. Sarah teaches workshops and classes at various well-known Sydney yoga studios, as well as offering Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Teacher Trainings each year for yoga teachers and dedicated students. Her teacher training courses are favourably regarded due to her depth of knowledge, her experienced understanding of the material, and her personable delivery of the course with more than fifteen years of teaching experience.
STUDIO REFUND POLICY
- A full refund (minus $100 admin fee) will be offered if the person cancels before the 15th May 2021.
- A 50 percent refund will be offered if the cancellation is after the 15th May and before 29th May 2021.
- No refunds will be offered within 2 weeks of the start date of the training (after 29th May 2021).
*If the training is cancelled due to covid-19 restrictions, we will issue a full refund to attendees.
*If a person is unable to attend the training due to covid-19 border restrictions, we will issue a full refund.